On June 1st, I decided to quit this project. Read this post to learn why.
- Update 16: Testing time 🧪 (pricing, software signup, podcast interview, product updates)
- Day 15: Hitting the ads again (facebook ad, test client work)
- Day 14: Nailing down the value (consulting call, explainer video)
- Day 13: Clearing up the confusion (Appsumo browsing, video script, landing page updates)
- Day 12: Reorienting myself (PodKoi note, Facebook Ad results, video planning, contest making)
- Day 11: Putting money on it (test client meeting, Facebook ad)
- Day 10: Workload as light as a feather (niching less)
- Day 9: Making moves (hiring ads, case study outreach, waitlist launch)
- Day 8: Going audio (writing SOPs, podcast guesting, finalizing site)
- Day 7: Pre-launch prepping (niche change, software demo, waitlist setup, site updates, integrations)
- Day 6: Facing temporary roadblocks (buying software, glitches, site updates)
- Day 5: Typewriters, paint brushes, & magnifying glasses (Copywriting, site design, software research)
- Day 4: Pausing… and resuming (Productize Day thoughts, mental break, landing page copy)
- Day 3: Ironing out the kinks (organizing, niching down, self-reflecting)
- Day 2: Let’s keep this train a rollin’ (project management, operations, marketing, email setup)
- Day 1: Big baby steps (initial ideation, naming, logo & site design)
Let me explain…
A few years ago, I read a post on Reddit (can’t find it now) detailing the creation and initial success of Contentfly.co, a productized service business offering unlimited copywriting for a fixed-rate fee.
Since then, I’ve been extremely fascinated by the idea of building my own productized service business.
In 2018, I had a stint where I started developing my own copy on-demand business, Contentjar.co, but quickly gave up after realizing I didn’t have any passion in it.
Maybe it was because I felt like a copy-cat, maybe I’m just lazy… either way, I didn’t execute.
Recently, the interest in building my own productized service business has sparked again, but this time I’m keen on following through.
The purpose of this series is to breakdown my journey, day-by-day, on building my own productized service business.
Want to stay in the loop?
Subscribe to my newsletter below and you’ll get one weekly progress update from me & my question of the week delivered straight to your inbox.
Plus, I’ll love you forever ❤️